Most treatment centers in Canada are free, but unfortunately, there can be a long waiting list. Here are some tips to navigate the time you have between arranging treatment and being admitted.
- Do not stop using drugs and alcohol without consulting with a medical professional. Some withdrawal symptoms can be fatal.
- Try your best to stay busy, and try to enlist the support of a close friend.
- Stay in contact with the treatment facility because beds can open up faster than expected.
- Do not lose hope, and remember why you sought out rehab.
- Attend meetings or groups to stay encouraged to begin recovery.